Shatter Toolkit (v1.61)
The Shatter Toolkit enables you to easily shatter or split any game object dynamically in real-time, whether you want to smash walls or slice fruits. The toolkit creates the necessary geometry, fills the holes and instantiates the new game objects for you.
One line of code shatters or splits a game object and no scripting is required if you use the bundled helper-scripts.
Note: Since Unity 5.5, Unity's physics engine can be unstable when colliders are very close to intersecting (such as when having been split by the Shatter Toolkit) and the project is using persistent contact manifolds (PCM). As a result, the toolkit requires PCM to be disabled in the PhysicsManager. As PCM can be useful for a project in general, I plan to look into a workaround/Unity bug report for the next update to the toolkit.
- Split game objects by specifying an array of planes
- Shatter game objects by specifying a point
- Fills the holes (cut area) in the mesh after a split has occurred
- Tweakable uv mapping for the cut area
- WorldUvMapper - repeats a texture a number of times per world-unit
- TargetUvMapper - maps the cut area to a specific part of the texture
- No scripting required