Shadow Volumes Toolkit (DEPRECATED)
The Shadow Volumes Toolkit adds dynamic, pixel-perfect shadows to your projects. Use the Quick Shadow Setup dialog to instantly add shadows to your game objects, specify light/shadow properties and see the results in real-time. The toolkit supports all three Unity light types and any mesh can act as a shadow caster.
- Dynamic, pixel-perfect shadows based on the Shadow Volume algorithm
- Stencil buffer support in Unity 4.2
- Supports all three Unity light types
- Supports skinned meshes
- Works even when the camera is in shadow
- No scripting required
The toolkit is not...
- a complete renderer
- a replacement for Unity Pro lighting/shadows
- using the patented depth-fail technique
- Antialiasing only works with the Stencil Buffer backend
- Best performance is achieved with 2-manifold/closed source meshes
- Only a single light can cast shadows at any given moment
- Custom vertex shaders won't affect shadows